Tuesday, November 7, 2006

[gentleman] callers...


I just got off the phone with my mom, a much more sobering call than the one this morning. Grandma is dying right now it looks like. It is a good thing, I know. She is an active lady, this is never how she wanted to live. She is ready. But it is still unreal, you know? Grandma and her 5 daughters and 2 sons... one of those, my mom... one of those Meg's mom. I mean, this is GRANDMA. It is crazy. Mom says nothing is "wrong" with her... no infection. She has just shut down.

I don't want to be old.

I would rather die young and tragic than that. Old age is terrifying... Alzheimer's scares me so bad. It scares my mother ever worse. She already feels it. It is a crippling fear.

On a much happier topic, Fresno did call me this morning and we talked. It was just silly and FUN! We talked about silly stuff... our voices, ages... online dating. Old TV shows. Me. How much he likes me. Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee! He makes me feel gorgeous. SIGH. How DOES he do that?

He says the cheesiest things too... but he is so dang GOOD at it! SIGH. How does he turn me so girly?!

1 comment: