Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bearing a Pall


Yesterday was very very long. It was nice to see so many cousins. And in general it was nice, actually, the funeral. I mean, the service was overtly LDS and so the whole thing was just a feeling of happiness and peace for Grandma to get to be back with Grandpa at last. We believe in eternal families. So that was pretty big, and it meant a lot, and so it wasn't like weeping and wailing. Just talking about happy times. However, there was still sad stuff. I mean, besides the in general being dead thing. With the whole Mormon thing, I felt bad for my Aunt Shy. Everybody's spouses are listed, but her partner wasn't. I don't agree with her choice, but I don't think she should be treated like she was. Because it was just all... well gossipy.

SIGH.

Anyway, other than that it was pretty good. Funniest part was when Spencer found out he was going to be a pallbearer and yelled out "Oh! Crap! I've never born pall!" Hee hee hee!

Later Fresno called me, but I missed it! Still made me feel happier though. I think I am falling pretty hard core for him and that is strange but fun! We have been chatting more, writing more, pathetically dreaming more.... oh that may just be me. Hee hee hee hee hee!

4 comments:

  1. Glad the funeral was okay. Funny Spencer. And to echo steph, Yay Fresno!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about Shy the other day...not entirely sure why. And I agree, that's lame the way she was treated but...*sigh* I guess that's the way some people react to the decisions others make.

    Spencer is so funny. :) And Fresno already rocks to call you...mwa ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother is a barrel of monkeys, it sounds like! Never a dull moment growing up in the Kipluck home, I'm sure.

    That's pretty crappy about your Aunt Shy. It stinks that even at a funeral (which is a CELEBRATION of the life of your grandmother) that family still can be hung up on the most unimportant details. So sad.
    (My family is totally the same way.)

    ReplyDelete