Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pussy Cat[s and VooDoo] Dolls

Well, I am at the Padres' house with the kitten for our Father's Day/Mom's B-day Party watching the very boring Somewhere in Time...on TV.... which is ironic since that, on DVD is what I GAVE Mom for her birthday! I gave Padre a golf voodoo doll and some good salad dressing. Church was okay. Oddly there WAS one person there I knew... Kelly W.(Mali, YOU know her! From the old ward!) It was a TINY ward... about 40 people according to the guy who invited us. I... don't know. I will go back and try it again, at least.

As for the pussy cat, Marco is, officially, a GIRL. And she seems pretty healthy, her nose, eyes, poop, etc. All good. She is doing very well. This is what I put on Petfinder today. Oh, and Did you know that June is Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat month? I hope that that also translates to Adopt-a-Never-Taken-to-a-Shelter-but-still-in-great-need-
of-a-Loving-Home-Cat month, too. Anyway, yeah. Marco's ad:

Little Miss "Marco Polo" is no ordinary kitten... but for the right person, I think she'd be PERFECT!

When the day camp kids heard her crying from inside a brick wall filling with water in the rain, it was no easy thing to get her out with our hands intact! She was hissing scratching, spitting, and biting... not surprising for a frightened, half-drowned wild kitten! But she has come SO far since then!

Marco is still shy and likes to hide, and doesn't love to be held often... but she is hilarious and frisky and spazzes out at random times! We think she chases the GHOSTS of mice! She will make an EXCELLENT mouser, though, I am sure. She still has a wild streak and is a little hunter and even LOOKS like a wild cat, especially her adorable spotted belly. And even with her kitten craziness and starting out feral, she seems to love attention and company. She is eager for visits from her foster people, but I bet she would adore a furry friend, too. Also, she has NEVER had an accident. Even when she was wild and got loose in my house and in our WALLS she snuck out to go potty in a litter box! (Kudos to the Cat Attract litter people! WOW!) She makes EVERYTHING a toy. She loves Purina Pro Plan kitten food in the can and eats it very healthily... when she can quit playing long enough to eat it!

I already love this kitten. She is DARLING. I keep a little collar on her with a bell so I can tell where she is when she is "stalking" me or being shy. Her eyes change COLOR from the brightest blue to hazel. A cat with MOOD EYES?! How cool is that?!

Anyway, all this goes to say, I would love Marco to go to someone who TRULY LOVES HER. Someone who embraces her "wild side" but can be patient to get her more cuddly someday, perhaps. She may not be able to be an "outside cat" as I am not sure she wouldn't revert to being wild again, but in time you may be able to get her to adapt to any safe environment.

Also, I would like to know she is going to get the care she needs... AND not contribute to more homeless pets like her. Therefore, though Petfinder requires an Adoption Fee, I will *fully refund* it with proof of getting Marco fixed and appropriate shots. Say, $40... but you will get everything back when you show the vet stuff (or Marco's belly. hee hee!)

Also, she comes with all of the stuff I ran out and bought when I brought her home wet and muddy and hissing from work at the day camp...
bowls
litter box
several toys (though she prefers pieces of crumpled paper, ping pong balls, pop bottle lids, etc. hee hee hee!)
collar with bell
food
blankie
treats

Pictures (and videos) are available upon request!
That's right... I said VIDEO. I just put Marco on You Tube! hee hee hee!


I don't want a cat.

But I DO wish I had some way to keep Marco. But in any circumstance I am likely to have DOGS in my life, and if things go the way they look they might, very large kitten-eating dogs. I can't BE a cat person, not even an exceptionally-FUNNY-cat person.

If I WERE to have a cat, well, Marco would be what I would want. Not the rubby, fat, lazy kind. The frisky crazy funny kind. Like Cassie was as a dog... though she was the first type too. But dogs, well, you WANT a different kind of loyalty from a dog anyway. Either way, I love my Cassie more than anything. I miss her terribly. And, as kitties go, I am really adoring Marco. I really really want someone to LOVE her and know how wonderful she is. I want to find her the PERFECT home. I made the mistake of saying so to Mom in front of Padre who said "you know what is perfect? Anywhere, besides you, that won't kill her. That is all you need."

SIGH.

So, if you know someone... I mean that adoption fee thing, I don't NEED it, but just is a way to be sure she gets her shots ad gets spayed with out me putting forth more money on a darling I don't get to keep. Even then, if I HAVE to, I may get the vet stuff done beforehand. But I just think someone adopting her ought to at least be prepared to have a vet, you know?

I just... I wish I could truly HAVE a zoo and take care of *all* the critters that pad into my life. Martin... Plicethenese... Suzy... Marco...

But I can't be responsible for everything and everyone. But I feel better if I at least know that, like Plice and Suzy they have wonderful forever homes. That pic IS Plice, a photo from his daddies. Still a beautiful combo of his mama Nani and daddy Heber. If I can just know Marco is HAPPY... I won't cry so much.

So... yeah. If you know of a worthy mama or daddy for my little SpazCat, PLEASE let me know?

3 comments:

  1. Dangit..... little Marco better get a good home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, again, haven't talked to Nolan about taking Marco but I imagine he would be interested. His neighbors downstairs have a cat and he plays with it almost as much as they do. It's a side of him I never knew existed.

    Anyway, if you want me to ask him about it, I would be more than happy to. I just didn't want to snatch her away (by proxy) from someone else, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously. *if* I were to ever have another cat, I'd get this one. But hubby is anti-pet for various reasons, and really, don't give some Islanders cats but especially DOGS for any reason.

    ReplyDelete