Sunday, June 17, 2007

Brave New Ward and Sunday Surveys

Yesterday I worked a birthday party and though the birthday boy was very cute (he was turning 1. Why pay over $100 on a party for a kid who I am pretty sure I earned my tip just by playing peekaboo with a balloon? He would have been just as happy with a party at home... if there was balloons and cake. He loved the goat (my Ambrosia, now much bigger, but still MY baby who likes me and lets me hold her!) but just called it a "Do[g]" and patted it. hee hee hee! Still it was a good party. And it's a living. But it WORE ME OUT. And today I am just exhausted.

HOWEVER...


I am going to church. NO. EXCUSES.

Even though I HAVE excuses. Like that 1. I will have to go home to pee because I have a 24 HOUR urine test that has to be kept on ice. Eeew. And 2. It's Father's Day and yesterday was my Mom's birthday and I have stuff to wrap. (okay, that's a sucky excuse anyway. hee hee hee. But the urine one?) ANYWAY, I AM going. AND I am going to be brave and try a NEW WARD.

The Roomie tried this one back in the day and did NOT like it because, ummm, it reminded her too much of work. But a guy from it came buy the other day sort of recruiting and 1. I was thinking of changing anyway... going to church with the fam. And I may still. but for now I thought I should at least check it OUT because 2. I do not LIKE my ward. Egg throwing, dog murdering, weirdos. It is MUCH BETTER than it was. But now it is nicer but at 9 am. Which leads us to 3. My ward is at 9. This one is at 1.

Therefore, that is my plan of the day. Scope out Special Park ward.

And now, on to nonsense!

What Your Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich Means

Your eating style is gluttonous. If you like something, you're going back for seconds... no matter how full you are!

You don't really have a sweet tooth. If you go for dessert, you tend to go for something light.

Your taste in food tends to be complex and sophisticated. You're probably a great cook, and talented at mixing unusual flavors.

You belong to a class that's all your own. You resist rules and traditions of any sort.

You never really grew up. While your childlike innocence is charming, you often just come across as a big baby.

Precise and controlled, you can be a bit anal retentive when it comes to how you like things. You're definitely a perfectionist.

Wow. That's a pretty accurate sandwich. *blush*

In 1979 (the year you were born)

Jimmy Carter is president of the US

A major accident occurs at a nuclear reactor on Three Mile Island near Middletown, PA

An American Airlines DC-10 loses its engine and crashes seconds after takeoff, killing 275 people

Hurricane David kills over 1200 in the US and the Dominican Republic

Some 90 people, including 63 Americans, are taken hostage at the American Embassy in Tehran, Iran

The Soviet Union invades Afghanistan

ESPN starts broadcasting


Aaliyah, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Norah Jones, Heath Ledger, and Kate Hudson are born

Pittsburgh Pirates win the World Series

Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl XIII

Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup

Kramer vs. Kramer is the top grossing film

Sophie's Choice by William Styron is published

"My Sharona" by The Knack spends the most time at the top of the US charts

The Facts of Life premiers

I don't remember... being very YOUNG at the time I was born...


Sigh. More about this over there.

Scattegories (from CC)

SCATTERGORIES...it's harder than it looks!

Rules:


1* Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...
2* They MUST be real places, names, things...NOTHING made up!
3* If you can't think of anything, skip it.
4* Try to use different answers if the person before you had the same 1st initial.
5* You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question...

I have done mine. You can replace my answers with yours and send on to your friends to see if they can do it. Now Go!

Your Name: BethAnn
1. Famous Singer/Band: OOh! Beatles AND Barenaked Ladies, of course!
2. 4 Letter Word: boob (I know, scandalous. hee hee hee)
3. Street Name:
4. Color: Black

5. Gifts/Presents: Books!
6. Vehicle: Solstice..... gahhhhhhhhhh
7. Things In A Souvenir Shop: Boxed card sets?
8. Boy Name: BOB!
9. Girl Name: BOB! Oh... sorry... Betsy... Ross... it was just flag day. She could cut a 5 pointed star with one snip, you know.
10. Movie Title: Big Fish
11. Drink: Black Cherry Fresca. Mmmmm....
12. Occupation: Blender Repairman
13. Flower: Bachelor Buttons
14. Celebrity: Brendan Fraser
15. Magazine/Book: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
16. Pro Sports Teams: Da Bears... Da Bulls...
17. Fruit: Blueberries
18. Reason For Being Late For Work: Boss asked you to buy De-chlor for goldfish on the way and there was major traffic in American Form by Animal Ark
19. Something You Throw Away: Bad fruit and veggies (seriously, can NOTHING stay fresh longer than a week in our fridge?!)
20. Things You Shout: Bite me!

So, Buddy is cracking me up. He is talking up a STORM ever since The Roomie started playing him clips of creepy smart parakeet Victor. I think he wants to BE Victor. Anyway, right now he is up there saying "Victor!" and whistling. Poor McKenzie. She loves him... and he has a gay crush on a Celebirdy.

Speaking of pets, The Roomie's sister has opted NOT to take Marco. Therefore, I am going to be putting him on Petfinder this week, after I get him checked out and am SURE he is a him so I can say so in the ad. SIGH. I am going to miss that kitten TERRIBLY. But he needs to go to his real home soon so THEY have a chance to bond with him. But I love Marco more than I thought I could ANY cat especially in such a short time. That wild thing invaded my heart with record speed. SIGH.

And now it is time for church. I wish I didn't feel nervous. TTYL

2 comments:

  1. aww.... I hope church went well!!! I wish you could keep Marco... or your mom could or Rinny or me or ANYONE that meant he was close enough to play with. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness BethAnn. I've missed your blog! I haven't been online a whole lot lately (oh, you know... new baby an such). But I just wanted to say hi and love your stuff.

    I also hope church went well. And your urine test thing (hey, it'd be really sad to have to do it again because it didn't go well, right?).

    ReplyDelete