Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pottery

Just got back from the doctor (waste of time. It's just a really bad cold.). I have not yet responded to Fresno's Buddy Email, but will today, I suppose. Bleh. In other news I got a good email from one of my best guy friends, Gilch, and that was nice. I have missed him. He's like my brother.

Anyway, a quiz (from Stewie)


1) Harry begins Hogwarts and is sorted into a house. Which house do you think you would be sorted in? Gryffindor = Brave Ravenclaw = Smart Hufflepuff = Loyal/hardworking Slytherin = Sly, looking for the easy way

I would say Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff even though I guess we would ALL love to say Gryffindor. But this test was pretty dang detailed and it put me in Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Digory, who represented Hogwarts in the most recent Triwizard Tournament.

Gryffindor 74
Ravenclaw 80
Hufflepuff 89
Slytherin 57

2) The Mirror of Erised, instead of showing a reflection, shows what the subjec
t wants more than anything. What would the Mirror show you?

It's me, but I am thinner and healthy (diabetes and depression free, etc.)! Also, my house is organized and clean.

3) In The Chamber of Secrets, Harry’s new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is a celebrity with an overdeveloped case of ego. Which current celebrity do you think is overblown?

Almost all of them. I have very little respect for celebrity in general. But, yeah, probably Tom Cruise or most boy band boys.

4) Harry calls Fawkes (Dumbledore’s phoenix) to him by exhibiting loyalty. What non-family member would be able to call your phoenix?

CC.

5) In The Prisoner of Azkaban we first see a Boggart, which takes the form of whatever the person fears. What would your boggart turn into?

A Doctor or Dentist with a needle, probably.

6) Harry is able to fight off dementors by using a patronus charm which calls upon a very happy memory. What would your happy moment be?

my sugar gliders chirping in my ear happily... a glider probably would BE my patronus, too.

7) In The Goblet Of Fire Fred and George try to put their names in the goblet even though they are not old enough. What “mature” activity did you try too early?

I have actually been SLOW on most things like that. Granted, I tried to build a space shuttle in kindergarten and such, but nothing REAL. I am a slow mover.

8)In The Order of the Phoenix Harry discusses what he wants to be when he gets out of school. What did you want to be when you were 15?

A teacher. <---Me too, actually. 9) The kids take their defense against the dark arts in a room of requirement where the room becomes whatever you need. What would your personal room of requirement be–when would it appear?

Right now, I think it's just a storage room. A HUGE room with lots of shelves and house elves to help me put things in order.

After that's DONE it would become the glider room of my dreams. giant cages, rain forest murals on the walls, vines and rope lights from the ceiling, washable walls, drain in the floor and a heated hose so I could wash cages right in the room. A fridge and freezer and food prep area right there, with a mealworm and cricket farm.

10) In the Half-Blood Prince we are exposed to Felix Felicitas, a potion that will make you have a wonderful wonderful day. Tell us about a day that you would like to live over again–a wonderful day.
I don't know. I don't think I would like reliving a good day knowing how it ends. :O(


S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
AHEAD

B

E
W
A
R
E . . .

11) In the Deathly Hallows, Hermione blanks her parents' memory of her existence. Is this something you would do to protect those you loved?

YES.

12) We find that Dumbledore entrusted Snape to kill him. Do you have anyone that you would trust enough to kill you if you asked them to?

Honestly, I don't think I trust the people that love me to kill me if I asked. I think they'd balk at the last second. I'd rather ask someone who DOESN'T like me, that might get some pleasure out of it. Trust them more for it, you know. Sean from work seems a logical choice.

13) Many beloved characters do not make it to the end of the book. What fictional characters' deaths affected you (besides the ones in Harry Potter)?

I get very very very into books. I almost NEVER cry at movies but I bawled when someone died in books I loved like:

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail C. Levine

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

and The Giver by Lois Lowry.

DANGBUT I love books!



No comments:

Post a Comment