Friday, December 8, 2006

Commercials and Quizzes

The following commercials either make me want to scream or just confuse me...

1. VW "Safe Happens" commercials

The people are talking and then they get hit from the side. I hated them before. I hate them even MORE now that they talk about the commercials themselves before getting hit. I know the point is "look how safe our cars are, these people are not even hurt!" but to ME the commercial says "if you buy this car, no matter how safe you drive, crazy killer drivers will T-bone you when you least expect it!" I hate them! I have only been in 2 accidents in my life (you may be shocked after riding with me that I haven't been in more), one was a very minor fender bender and is why I need to get my left blinker replaced and the other was when I hit a deer out of nowhere in the CITY not by a mountain but both scared the crap out of me and I hate those commercials so much.

2. Sunsilk "Get Hairapy" commercials
I have no problem with the mocking of girls and assigning them the appropriate hair products. It's the narrator size. Like a little bus purse goes buy and he says "there's my ride." Now I guess I saw that the camera was down below eye level but I just thought it was the wanna be Queer Eye guys and that that they were just not trained camera people. I did not realize we were supposed to assume that we were following the vision of MINIATURE Gay guys? The actual bottles? Are THEY talking? WHAT IS GOING ON? I do NOT understand! SOMEONE explain the concept of the tiny, fashion-suave, implied-homosexuals riding around in various purses handing out dots of color. PLEASE?


Besides that, more little quiz things. (Curse you, Hermy!!!!!)

You Belong in San Francisco

You crave an eclectic, urban environment. You're half California, half NYC.
You're open minded, tolerant, and secretly think you're the best.
People may dismiss you as a hippie, but you're also progressive, interesting, and rich!


You Are 42% Open

You are a fairly open person, but you also like to maintain your privacy.
You definitely will tell all (okay, almost all) to your closest friends...
But strangers and acquaintances only get a peek into your life.


You Are From Jupiter

You are exuberantly curious - and you love to explore newness.
Enthusiastic and optimistic, you get a kick out of stimulating intellectual discussions.
Foreign cultures and languages fascinate you. You love the outdoors, animals, and freedom.
Chances are you tend to exaggerate, so try to keep a lid on that.
If you do, you'll continue to be known for your confidence, generosity, and sense of justice.


Your Dating Purity Score: 70%

You are an under-experienced dater.
This doesn't mean you're unexperienced - far from it.
It just means that there's a lot of romance left to discover!


You Are Very Honest

You tell it like it is, no matter what.
Even if the truth hurts, you'll dish it out.
And while some may get hurt by your honesty...
At least everyone knows where you stand!


You Are Dancer

Carefree and fun, you always find reasons to do a happy dance.

Why You're Naughty: That dark stint you had as Santa's private dancer.

Why You're Nice: You're friendly. Very friendly.


You Are 48% Shy

Although you live a pretty normal life, you tend to be a fairly shy person.
Many situations make you feel uncomfortable, and you sometimes find your shyness hindering your life.


Your Christmas is Most Like: A Very Brady Christmas

For you, it's all about sharing times with family.
Even if you all get a bit cheesy at times.


You Are 18% Evil

You are good. So good, that you make evil people squirm.
Just remember, you may need to turn to the dark side to get what you want!


You Christmas Stocking Will Be Filled with Money

You've either been really really good this year...
Or Santa is trying to pay you off!


You Are 72% Intuitive

You are a very intuitive person. And luckily, your intuition is normally right.
You're wise enough to know that relying on intuition alone can be dangerous.
When your intuition seems really off, you tend to ignore it - and look at the facts instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment