Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

The Sybs are back from Comedy Sports and we have decided to await the New Year with STAR TREK! 'Cause we LOVE that movie.  Well BoyKid and I do, Rinny has never seen it!  Anyway, we figured something futuristic was a good choice for ringing in 2011.

So earlier today we went to the BYU Museum of Art to see the Carl Bloch exhibit.  It was AMAZING.  But then so was the James Tissot stuff! Oh my gosh!  Those details with WATERCOLORS?! It was all amazing.  And of course as it was primarily about the savior it was inspiring and gave me a better understanding of his life, truly.  But the art itself for arts sake was just awesome, too.  We saw the rest of the museum there too. I loved it. I haven't been there since high school. I miss art.

Anyway, if you get a chance SEE THOSE EXHIBITS! OH MY GOSH!  HIGHLY recommended IMHO.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It is now actually 2011.and I am finishing this entry and sharing some pics.  We greeted the New Year old school with pots and pans and spoons and yelling.

It was VERY cold!


Then TheIrish (our most awesome neighbors) set off pirates and ran around the circle.

It was good times. :) Then it was just TOO cold so we went inside and finished Star Trek.

2 comments:

  1. Wait...set off pirates? Sounds awesome but also perhaps hazardous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW the heck did fireworks become PIRATES?! Seriously sometimes my drugs...

    ReplyDelete