Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"but you don't know what love is, you just do as you’re told"

In some respects I suspect you’ve got a respectable side

When pushed and pulled and pressured you seldom run and hide

And its for someone else's benefit, not for what you want to do

Until i realize that you’ve realized I’m going to say these words to you

You don't know what love is, you do as you’re told

Just as a child of ten might act but you’re far too old

You’re not hopeless, or helpless, and I hate to sound cold

But you don't know what love is, you just do as you’re told

I can see your man can't help with rent any problems that might arise

But in his mind there can be no sin if you never criticize you just keep repeating those empty I love yous

Until you see you deserve I’m gonna lay right into you

Yeah you don't know what love is you just do as you’re told

Just as a child of ten might act but you’re far too old

You’re not hopeless, or helpless, and I hate to sound cold

But you don't know what love is, no you don't know what love is, no you don't know what love is.

You just do as you’re told

Yeah do as you’re told.

I drove to Dr. Apparently's myself and walked in without crutches. That's progress, at least PHYSICALLY. But the appointment was hard as usual and I was crying a lot. Talking about the past week and how I have felt so hopeless. Also, got diagnosed as ADD, but with high enough intelligence to cope with it and not have most teachers/doctors say so. I figured. Anyway, it's making it hard to do that whole focus on happy things thing. The self-hypnosis. My brain jumps around like grasshoppers. NOT that this is a surprise to anyone who has MET me. HA! Anyway, it was hard talking, especially when it turned to "your last serious relationship." Foxtrot. I don't want to talk about that.

Anyway, don't exactly know why but that White Stripes song came on right after my appointment and it hit home.

I dunno. It just DID.

They got rid of the deer carcass. There were at least 12 deer in the back of that truck. *shudder* Sad AND GROSS.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the White Stripes.... the Boy hates them... hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boy hates the White Stripes?! Oh he LOSES coolness points for that one.

    ReplyDelete