Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important!

Whoa. Ummm... I am not sure about this new Blogger format.  It is so... arctic and sparse.  I don't know what to think about it.  Guess I will see what happens as I write this, add pictures, etc.  See how it all works.

So, this whole deciding what to do thing, has me with a serious case of deja vu. I mean seriously, look at this.
Same quandary FOUR YEARS LATER.  THAT is screwed up.  What is WRONG with me that I am still in this spiral?!
NO BUENO!

So, on Saturday, I participated in a fun SCNAVTA activity (my last?). The Dog Wash.  I wrote about it in my column.  You guys ARE reading my column, aren't you?  Because I get PAID for that... this one is just for kicks and giggles... and self-therapy.  I didn't actually wash dogs.  My arm wasn't cooperating like that.  But I did get them all signed up, so I got to meet them all which was very fun.  We made almost 600 bucks for Jim Dix's reptile rescue!  Awesome.

Also, today was one of the best story times ever.  It was Six Crows and it was a great story but the turn out was good and I got so many compliments about the story, but also just the PROGRAM in general.  It was just really good.  Everyone is just loving the way the program is running, and that means a lot since I am in charge of it.

THEN my sister/boss surprised us all with an "end of summer staff party"... seeing The Help in the theater, complete with large drinks and humungous popcorns (that I am paying for now. UGH.).  It was so good.  I was not surprised.  The book was excellent, but you never know, Hollywood often butchers good books.  But this one was great.  I highly recommend it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment