Sunday, August 21, 2011

This week on Animal Horders...

Okay, no really, I know I have a LOT of pets. But 1. they are WELL cared for 2. I am not letting them make me unhealthy 3. the house is not stinky or over run. (like this---> 
Ergo, I am not really a hoarder.  I firmly believe hoarding is not about numbers, just like not every breeder is a puppy mill.  It is about the care and condition.

Plus also, they are now my BUSINESS! I am still getting Critters 2 Go off the ground.  And I am adoring my newest member of the family, Stanley Yelnats, the Bearded Dragon.  However, I actually do have plans to get at least 3 more animals.  I know that sounds crazy.  But hear me out...

2 of my little guys have passed away... Hawkeye, the Asian Long Tailed Grass Lizard and Eenie Meanie, the Bumble Bee Walking Toad.  I would really like to get new ones, but I have had horrible luck with ALTG Lizards.  If I could find a better source for them, or figure out what *I* am doing wrong, I would like to get a pair again.  I may or may not get them again, but I would like to, it it was possible.

However, before that happens, I probably WILL get another Bumble Bee Walking Toad (Pair or more).  Granted, they are much more pricey, but they are so darling, and the cage is still just sitting there waiting for them.  I want those striking, tiny little fellows again.


And eventually... EVENTUALLY mind you... I WILL have a hedgehog.  I have wanted a hedgie for years.  Conpared to my sugar gliders, and even the chinchilla, this exotic is pretty low maintenance.  And They. Are. ADORABLE.

It probably won't be for a couple of years.  But it's name will either be Sam the American Igel OR Oliver the Urchin and it will probably be palamino or pibald. :D  Yeah, I am always looking at them. Hee hee!

So, do you not know what I already own?
Well, if you want PICS, check out the Critter Bios on my Critters 2 Go site.  But at present I have 2 sugar gliders, a chinchilla, a turtle, a tortoise, a tree frog, a bearded dragon, 2 leopard geckos, 5 hermit crabs, and 100+ Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches.  I also have 2 bettas, a kuhli loach, and there is a praying mantic egg sack in the mail to me on it's way.

SIGH.  Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment