Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I hope they call me on a non-existant mission, when I have saved an amphibious kangaroo or 2!

Serving a LDS mission is awesome.  You get to share your testimony, meet cool people and serve good causes (like teaching English as a second language, shelve library books, visit rest homes, etc.) Sometimes I really miss it. 

AAAAAND sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and really miss ANOTHER mission.  Where we spent the holidays with the Amish kids from that Lifetime movie... and their crazy grandmother, Cloris Leachman. Where we all went together to rock concerts/Karaoke where the Amish girls performed Les Mis and Hannha Montana, respectively.  Where they all made us missionaries elaborate beaded Nativity sets that we treasured.  Where they helped us get in volunteer hours by fostering and rehabilitating bear cub, giant ducks, and ummm... kangaroo who live in lakes.

Yeah, my brain is so warped.  At least it wasn't a nightmare.  I am actually on meds to prevent nightmares. Crazy. )I refer to the situation AND myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment