Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Serious Topic for a Change. Todd Ransom

Our next door neighbor's son committed suicide.  We are so sad for them, and the ward is collecting money to buy the family a yard sculpture to remember him with.  The weird thing is, everyone knew about him already, and the bloggosphere is buzzing because Todd was gay and part of that anti-mormon/pro-homosexuality movie 8: The Mormon Proposition interviews.  They are all saying he killed himself because of all the persecution he suffered... I wish I knew what happened to him.  Was he ACTUALLY persecuted, or did he just FEEL persecuted?  Either is sad, and the fact that it led to his death is tragic.  But I guess, knowing his family (especially his older sister, Melissa, a friend of mine back in Junior High and High School who is AWESOME.), I just hope people know THEY were loving people.  I can't imagine them being part of that persecution.  But I CAN see them being against his lifestyle.

That balance is hard.  I do not believe we should accept homosexuality, but we should not just accept but LOVE our homosexual family and friends.  But it is hard.  I have family and friends who are Gay or Bi.  I love them. Their choices make me sad.  But if they were to feel they were better off dead? That would be much MUCH sadder.  I may not understand having same-gender attraction to battle, but suicidal? Yes, I have felt that before.  Nobody should feel like that. :"(  I hate that thought more than any other!

"People inquire about our position on those who consider themselves so-called gays and lesbians. My response is that we love them as sons and daughters of God. They may have certain inclinations which are powerful and which may be difficult to control. Most people have inclinations of one kind or another at various times. If they do not act upon these inclinations, then they can go forward as do all other members of the Church. If they violate the law of chastity and the moral standards of the Church, then they are subject to the discipline of the Church, just as others are" (Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, Nov. 1998, 71).

If you are reading this and are my friend or relative and happen to be gay, know that I love you anyway.  Your sexual orientation does not change that.  I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH.  And so does God, no matter what people may say.



In other news I am back to "in a relationship" on Facebook.  Yes, I am a dork.  But Ola and I are officially online "dating" again.  Not that we ever stopped talking but we backed off a bit for various reasons.  Things are not perfect, but one thing is for sure... I still love Ola. IN love with him, really.  And him with me, of that I have no doubt.  NO DOUBT that I am LOVED!  What a great feeling!  What a singularly rare one for me, too.  Especially with Depression still being a daily battle. But I am continuing my battle. My family will not have a yard sculpture to remember ME by.

Huh. Nazis. Gays. Romance.  Maybe I should recheck that Blog rating below that says it's G. *blush*
Yup... OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

2 comments: