Sunday, January 27, 2008

this is a sad day!

I have a fever today (and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!!!) which is PROBABLY, almost for SURE, because yesterday I came down with some flu thing and I have been sick all day. HOWEVER, because I almost JUST upped the dosage of Cymbalta and WAS on Celexa the same time, I am being watched for the very scary Serotonin Syndrome. Cymbalta made me sick at first anyway, but I got over it. I think it just is doing it again for going to the next dose. But it has been decided I will STOP, not taper off, the Celexa... just in case.

Anyway, right now I feel like crap.

Also, earlier tonight Steph called me and asked if I was watching TV (I wasn't. I was laying in bed, feeling like crap.) because they had just announced that President Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet of our Church, had died. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I know this sounds weird, but he felt like a GRANDPA to me. Not just the leader of a church, but someone I truly loved. On the other hand I am so happy for him. He has got to be overjoyed to be back with his sweetheart Marjorie again.



Another sad thing I remember today is the Challenger. It meant a lot to me because at the time I was in kindergarten and obsessed with the idea of being an Astronaut. They let us watch the launch in class. And then all that happened. It also meant a lot in my family because my Uncle Bob worked on parts of that Shuttle and when it happened people in his neighborhood blamed him and some still do. They were horrible to his family. It was really sad.

Anyway, to a nerdy kid like me, this was a really really memorable day. I cried and cried. Our teacher cried, too. She had talked SO much about how one of the astronauts, Christa McAuliffe, was a teacher. Anyway, just a little bit of history for ya.



It is Sunday, and I intended to go to church, but to the Padres' ward, where I have decided to go awhile. But this cold/flu/black plague thing I have going stopped me from going to ANY ward today. Or, basically, any room besides my bedroom and bathroom. I spent most of today asleep
though, drifting in and out. I have gone upstairs exactly once. The Roomie and her boyfriend are sorta spooning up there and 1. I don't want to interrupt and 2. I don't want to make anyone sick and 3. I haven't gotten DRESSED all day either.

Oh, the Legislator's Night Schmoozing went okay the other night. Not good, but fine. Most didn't even come over to us unless they had kids or grand kids who wanted to do it. And we decided on making cornstarch plastic instead of seed necklaces this year. Some were impressed. Others, not so much. As always, Dave is our hero and ran the show, schmoozed while secretly mocking and
called us rockstars. We *heart* Dave! Anyway, glad that's over, even though we ate some of the mighty yummy finger foods once the majority of the big wigs went into the Dinosaur Movie. It was a long day for this medically-frustrated part-timer.

It is going to storm AGAIN. Even though this fever has my face on fire, I really am sick of feeling like I live in a freaking igloo. ENOUGH WITH THE SNOW! EXCEPT that I heard that the DROUGHT HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED! I kind of didn't know that would EVER happen in Utah. I mean, not REALLY end. So I better stop whining about the cold and snow. But still... BRRR!

Anyway, I am going to cross my fingers that the snugglers are done so I can grab some grub for the gliders and go to bed... even though that's where I have been all day. Good night.

p.s. The Roomie is very good and Moral and I am not saying HER Spooning will lead to ANYTHING.

4 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. However, I feel a sweet jubilation for their reunion and blessings of their temple marriage. I'm sure he's so wonderfully excited to see her again. I wish, but not really, I could have seen their reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ehu here... I feel all that, but I also feel like we should celebrate for him and shout congratulations... he did it! He made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to A*who and steph and kip. Love President Hinckley and will miss him and his humor at conference, but so happy he's back with Sister Hinckley.

    And spooning is fun. So is forking, but none of that now. *sigh*

    Love you kipper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That P.S. TOTALLY made me giggle like a...I've no idea. Hyena? Something that giggles uncontrollably for ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete