Wednesday, January 2, 2008

the Late Great Wait for 08

A year for changes... a year for quizzes.

1. Will you be looking for a new job?

probably. A SECOND job, anyway.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Maybe? Who knows.

3. New house?
Not unless something catastrophic happens, no.


4. Do you plan on having a child?
No, I need to have sex first.

5. New Years Resolution?

I WASN'T going to do resolutions, but I SHOULD. So, once again I go to my favorite goal-making scripture Luke 2:52 (My favorite goal-ACCOMPLISHING scripture is Philippians 4:13). Talking about the way the Savior improved himself as a young man it says only "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and favour with God and man."

So those are my categories to improve in... Wisdom (Intellectual), Stature (Physical), Favor with God (Spiritual), and Favor with Man (Social). I will not put a lot, or it will just make it seem impossible. But a few in each and then I can add more through out the year.

Wisdom:
1. Always bee reading something. Have a book with me so if I get bored I don't waste time.
2. Sell more stuff on eBay for money.

Stature:
1. Join some sort of CLASS to lose weight. Either Weight Watchers or the class at my physical therapy pool.
2. Do ALL Therapy "homework" from Dr. Apparently
3. Find a good Internist and figure out what the hell is REALLY wrong with me.

Favor with God:
1. Never miss church for dumb reasons
2. Read SOME scripture every night.
3. Find SOME way to share the gospel weekly, even if it just means posting something good in the Forums or Guilds at Gaia.
4. Pray a lot more. I seriously need it.

Favor with Man:
1. Make a much better effort to stay connected to my friends. I have a tendency to withdraw and not talk to people I don't see everyday, not answer emails, etc. I want to change that.
2. Flirt better.
3. If anyone asks, I WILL go out at least once (unless, you know, I think it's a really bad idea... like if I feel like it may be scary (As in DANGEROUS NOT because I have ANXIETY)or I definitely know I don't like the person.)
4. Make my life and home a happier way/place to be by getting back into FlyLady and gaining control of my LIFE!

6. What will you not be doing in 08?
Ummm... getting married? Lots of stuff.

7. Any trips planned?

not so far, but I do not plan that far in advance.

8. Wedding plans?
I plan to go to the fewest of them I CAN, I guess?

9. Major thing on your calendar?
all the holidays?

10. What can't you wait for?
a few books being released... Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyers. Oh heck yes.

11. What would you like to see happen different
Less freaking medical mysteries, thank you very much!

12. What about yourself, will you be changing?
My health... especially my weight, My hair... probably dying it red again, and my outlook in life hopefully with the help of Dr. Apparently


13. What happened in ‘07 that you don't think will ever happen again?
Having a boyfriend, maybe. I don't know.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I hope so... stay in touch with them better and such.

15. Will you dress differently in 08 than you did in 07?
probably not. Jeans and T-Shirts are pretty standard.

16. Will you quit drinking?
I SHOULD drink MORE! Water that is. I don't drink alcohol anyway. hee hee!

17. Will you better your relationships with your family?
I hope so, I think therapy probably helps with that, eh?


18. Will you do charity work?
Yes, I would like to.

19. Will you be nice to people you dont know?
I'll try.

20. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?
I really really hope so!

21. How much did you change from this time last year til now?
a lot in not so awesome ways. I think I am a more depressed and bitter person. I hope to change that.

22. What will you do different in 08?
Question 5, people. QUESTION 5!

23. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?

I sure hope so. I have lost some people in my life, but those I have now are FREAKING AWESOME FRIENDS!!!

24. Major lifestyle changes?
be more careful with my diabetes, swim even more often, walk when I can instead of driving.

25. Moving?
hope not, no.

26. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
going to the hospital so dang much, getting my heart broken, etc.

27. What were your New Years Eve plans?
Played at the padres', ate some food, played Catch Phrase with Uncle Doug, ditzy Auntie O (example: Answer was Chicago Cubs. Her clue: "This is a sports team... and I think they are in Denver" NO, they are in, umm, CHICAGO. And it was girls verses boys... so yay she was on OUR TEAM. HA!), cousins Brett, Annie, Kyle, and Vicky, and Boo (the cousin's kid... not the Gerbil).
Counted down, etc.

And there you have it. Bring on 2008. Here's hoping it is WAY better than this last bit of 07.

No comments:

Post a Comment