- a) talk cute to my animals, even the not-so-cute ones. If you have nice things to say about my Giant African Train Millipede, Millie the Thoroughly Modern Millipede you are pretty golden. b) be good with kids. Especially be down with adoption. c) do interesting things. Things like model rockets, dinosaurs, ice blocking, etc. d) not be afraid to get dirty. I do not like wussy boys who are too worried about their nice clothes to lift wood for a fire or check an engine or plant a garden. e) use passably correct grammar and spelling. You don't have to be an English major, but be well read and don't say "liberry" or "suposably" or "fustrated."
- People should be able to keep animals that they can safely and responsibly care for! Should everyone have sugar gliders? Or tigers? NO. But not everyone should be allowed to have DOGS either. People that know what they are doing, and can care for an animal CORRECTLY, should have the right to do so. I can provide correctly for my gliders. So I can own them. I could not care for a tiger (few, outside of Zuzuna, could) so I shouldn't be able to. Z wrote a good opinion piece on it, here. This Ohio thing has been a TRAGEDY. I just wish it didn't cause even more hurt by prompting bans. :( BOO.
- Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns My mom loved this book and I kept meaning to read it. I finally did and apparently it's hereditary. I LOVED this book. I loved how the characters were complex... nobody was all good or all bad, they were very real. And I could see various points of view. I loved the rich descriptions, the culture, so different from my own, the history. THIS is a good book.
- This one is going to be embarrassing. *SIGH*
- Woke up, very tired
- dressed Halloweeny
- took pills, drank breakfast
- went to work. Read Dinosaurs' Halloween, passed out dinosaur masks and helped children make dinosaur Trick-or-Treat sacks
- Came home
- watched Grudge 2 (LAME.)
- Spent way too much time on Facebook and Pinterest
- ate a cardboard pizza, regretted it immediately after.
- watched Gremlins (still love it)
- fed the lizards, frogs and turtles
- watched the Office
- Fed the fuzzies
- Going to bed with a book now... I will finish this list later!
TexasBoy - You ended things like an immature baby. That was a really jerky thing to do. Poetry Boy - I ended things like an immature baby. That was a really jerky thing to do. I am sorry. Not sorry like we should be together, but sorry I didn't end it like an adult instead of moving away and not giving a forwarding address. Ola - I still love you, but I also truly believe you are meant for bigger things. I believe you will do GREAT things for your people. I am so proud to have known you. Please find happiness. You are my hero.
7. a) People who can't be bothered to spell check things they post online. When you are online, often all you KNOW of someone is what they write... can't you at least be bothered to spell check it?! b) People who irresponsibly let their pets breed for whatever stupid reason. Are you a breeder with a registered dog with necessary health and genetic tests for both animals and you are prepared to find excellent homes for their offspring? No? You just want fluffy to have cute witto baby wabies? DON'T BREED!!! c) How feeder crickets die before I can feed them to my frogs. d) How my padre watches his news shows SO LOUD in the room next to my bedroom early in the morning. We have 3 TVs. Couldn't he blast it on one of the other 2? e) People who think of pets as disposable. I don't care if it's a fish or a dog, pets are not disposable.
8. So far? A Slimfast, a sugar cookie, and a Vanilla Coke Zero.
[It is now a few days later. So pardon the weirdness.]
10. Shuffled Playlist:
- Kiss Me Through the Phone by Soulja Boy
- The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel
- White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
- Your Love is My Drug by Ke$ha
- Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
- Honest Face by Liam Finn and Eliza Jane
- Muita Bobeira by Souza
- Symphony No. 3 in E Flat major, Op. 55, "Eroica" by Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia
- Question by Old 97's
Heath Ledger </3 *sigh* :(
Olakunlemi. Real. Real wonderful and real cute, too.
A two-fer! Ewan McGregor and Josh Hartnett. Mmmmm....
Seth Green. So nerdy. So darling.
13.Ugh. My body? My BIGGEST complaint is that is keeps malfunctioning on me. Gastroparesis, bad liver, migraines. But also I really am unhappy about my weight. Some people might read this and think, okay, then change it! Well, here is the problem I AM. I am working with my doctor on it, actually. I take pills, but I take pills that make you GAIN weight. I do water aerobics, but I can't do other exercise because I will get hurt. And I eat a very strict diet for the most part (esp. with my worsening Gastro). But I am still a big girl and probably always will be. My doctors and I ARE discussing more drastic actions further down the road, but those scare the h**l out of me. There ARE things I like about my body though. I have killer calves. My lips are pretty awesome, as are my eyes. So I am not a complete waste.
14. It was church, so I wore sort of a crinkly black and grey flower peasant skirt, a denim skirt, and a hematite necklace. I will tell you a secret, I was secretly longing to top the outfit off with my pair of black cat ears. Because it is the day before Halloween. But I resisted. :P
15. I am an Aries. According to the all-wise internet, that means I am...
Adventurous and energetic
Pioneering and courageous
Enthusiastic and confident
Dynamic and quick-witted
On the dark side...
Selfish and quick-tempered
Impulsive and impatient
Foolhardy and daredevil .
That doesn't really sound like me at all. (Okay, maybe I am "quick witted") Since I don't really place any stock in horoscopes that doesn't surprise me. THOUGH that same site also said THIS:
"Aries governs the head and brain, and Arians are said to be prone to headaches, particularly migraines, sunstroke, neuralgia and depression. Indigestion and nervous disorders are also threats to you, and your rashness, impetuosity and wholesale physical commitment make you liable to accidents and physical injuries."Spooky!
On the other hand, while I still don't BELIEVE it, in the Chinese Zodiac I am a sheep (interestingly, Aries is a goat) and I fit THAT description pretty well!
16. I always wonder what if I hadn't lost touch with my best friend, Jonathan from 1st grade. He moved to Idaho and I was so sad. Would we still be friends? Would we have dated?
17. I am super proud of my animals. I enjoy showing them off to people.
18. My problem right now is that this is an EXTREMELY long survey and I have a short attention span!!!
19. a) a yard big enough for a turtle pond and tortoise garden b) an indoor swing c) an indoor slide that runs along the stairs d) a pet capybara (like Caplin and Galibaldi) e) a Paper Airplane kite!
20. It's Halloween and we all have things we are afraid of. What are MY phobias? http://phobialist.com/
Aphenphosmphobia- Fear of being touched (this is just more a REACTION than a true phobia, as phobias are IRRATIONAL fears. I avoid being touched as I have severe Fibromyalgia and hurts to be touched. So I try never to be bumped)
Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces.
Dentophobia- Fear of dentists. (so so much!)
Equinophobia- Fear of horses. (a very LITTLE bit. ANd I am working hard to get over it as I work with horses and like them, they just scare me for no reason!)
Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals.
Trypanophobia- Fear of injections. (serious one)
Though my biggest fear is not on that list. Fear of Anesthesia. I hate hate hate going under for surgeries. I am scared I will not wake up. But even more than that I am afraid I will go under just enough that I can not communicate but not enough that I can not feel and that they will operate ANYWAY. That I will feel the surgery but will be unable to scream. It started as a child. When I got my tonsils out, as I was going under I yelled "I'm still awake!" every 5 seconds (more and more garbled and slurred) until I was totally out so they didn't start too early. The surgeons thought to was HILARIOUS and kept laughing at me instead of consoling me at all. Jerks. I still feel that same feel and as I have many medical issues, I have to go under pretty often. I HATE it.
I have so many mental and emotional issues, making a list like this probably SHOULD make me feel even crazier than I am! But instead, seeing ALL those crazy things people CAN be afraid of, it makes me feel pretty NORMAL! Plus a little brave. After all, I am NOT afraid in the least of spiders, bugs, snakes, blood (just the injection used to TAKE said blood!), germs or dogs!
P.S. And for the record, can I just say... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words. That one's just CRUEL!
21. Less painful. And lonely.
22. Going back to school soon. I can register tonight at midnight, but I don't know if I will. I really need to have a placement interview first.
23. I miss gambling with Trick-or-Treat candy with my sister after Halloween. GOOD TIMES!
"Bewbs""Audacity""The Fringe will Rear Again""Guy on a Buffalooooooo!""I have one minute weft in my bwain! Ime is wunning out! GUESS!"25. My stomach. I am getting tests run right now.
26. I like that I am smart. I like my legs and lips (see question 13, just the end). I like my artistic sense. I like that I do not give up easily. I like that I have respect for living things. I do not like my health, nor most of my looks (see 13 again). I do not like that I hurt. I do not like how scared I am in social situations. I do not like how easy it is to compare myself to others.
27. "If you don't laugh you cry." I don't know who said it, but I live by it. OH! But I heard a related one, by a very admirable lady!
“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley28. Australia. Just to visit. Mostly just to see the animals, especially gliders in the wild.
29. a) Baby Brussels Sprouts. YUM. b) the play, Urinetown c) Perry Mason d) My millipede, Millie, the Thoroughly Modern Millipede e) never wearing make up besides Halloween
30. One of the story times at work is the story of the Christmas Spider. It is a cute story, a cute craft, and I think it is hilarious to relate spiders to Christmas. I am so psyched to tell that story!