Sunday, April 18, 2010

Better than Meds

Today I am carding wool.  Well, not so much carding as cleaning as I am just doing it with my fingers, but my plan is to have some fresh fluffy wool to my my core wool in Needle Felted creations!  I ordered Roving (the colored wool) and am excited to MAKE something.  Honestly I have been doing so much better, Depression-wise and I don't think it is due to my Cymbalta, Welbutrin, or Abilify, though I am sure they help.

1. My Psychologist, Holly, has me doing SOMETHING creative for at least 1/2 hour a day to escape from pain and stress.
2. Ola, My Nigerian.

Quilling, needle felting, planning Steamed Cabbages, drawing... these things don't actually make me not hurt (sometimes they make me hurt more... at least my hands do) but they seem to help me feel better emotionally, even from just a little half hour session of  it all.  Helps to have a project, like I do when I can go to work.  I like my work.

And MyNigerian, well, I am amazed at how happy that guy makes me.  He makes me happier, braver, more able to cope.  He encourages me constantly and is a wonderful spiritual example.  I think I'm going to marry that boy eventually. He's amazing. AMAZING!  And look at that SMILE! *Le Sigh!*

Today has been a hard day for me.  It's beautiful and springy and I should have been at church but instead I felt crappy as can be.  Hurting, and sick... throwing up with a migraine.  I didn't go to church. Didn't do much at all.

I still feel bad, but I read MyNigerian's most recent letter, did some wool, watched Bewitched, and I am feeling at least a little better. <:O)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kip, I'm glad you are doing pretty well. I just wanted to let you know that I have found using a larger writing instrument helps when your hands hurt. Keep having 30 minutes of joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, Cupcake! Though I don't know if I could find larger quilling tools or larger felting needles.

    ReplyDelete